US President Donald Trump has asked his secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, to postpone and cancel his trip to North Korea.
Trump stated that denuclearisation has not made “sufficient progress” recently and has told Mr Pompeo not to go.
On Friday, Trump tweeted :
“I have asked Secretary of State Mike Pompeo not to go to North Korea, at this time, because I feel we are not making sufficient progress with respect to the denuclearization of the North Korean Peninsula…”
He feels that China has not helped with the denuclearisation process because of the United States’ tougher trading situation.
After the trading issue is resolved between China and the US, Pompeo has stated that eh would “look forward” to visiting North Korea again soon.
“In the meantime, I would like to send my warmest regards and respect to Chariman Kim.. I look forward to seeing him soon!”, said Pompeo.
On Wednesday, the International Atomic Energy Agency said that North Korea has been moving forward with developing their nuclear weapons and assets and deemed their experiments as a matter of “grave concern”.
During the summer, spy satellites found that they did not follow orders and had been cooperating with Syria.