The Brexit Party have released their election manifesto ahead of the UK going to the polls on December 12.
Nigel Farage, the leader of the Brexit Party, promised a “political revolution that puts ordinary people first” as he launched the manifesto on Friday. Some key pledges include;
- Scrapping VAT on fuel bills
- Plant millions of trees to absorb carbon emissions
- Ban the exporting of waste to other countries for it to be burned
- Phase-out the BBC licence fee
- Scrapping the HS2 rail project
- Making changes and adding guidelines to the Supreme Court
- Provide free wi-fi on all public transport
- Ensure no provision of the NHS
The full manifesto can be found at www.thebrexitparty.org/contract/
The party’s key policy is of course on Brexit – the Brexit Party is now simply promising that there will be no extension to the transition period after Brexit. Previously, the party had advocated a no-deal exit from the European Union.
The party has also revealed policies in its manifesto to reduce immigration – Mr Farage said he wanted to see immigration numbers down to “around about 50,000 people a year.”
Tweet us your thoughts on the Brexit Party manifesto @speakerpolitics
Photo Credit: Gage Skidmore via Flickr under licence (CC BY-SA 2.0)